TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The mouse on remote for 32" smart TV will not operate, so we…

Customer Question
The mouse on remote...

The mouse on remote for 32" smart TV will not operate, so we cannot access Netfix which is main reason for purchase.

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

Kogan 32" Angora smart tv

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

We can access anything that does not require mouse as the arrow will not show

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
2/1/2018
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the make and model of the mouse you are trying to use with the TV?

Please let me know

It's a generic Kogan remote that they supply with Agora smart TV's same as our 55" TV

Ok, thats the remote, but I need to know which mouse you are trying to use please

we are using the remote same as the other TV which works OK

Ok... but not all remotes work on all TV's.

Has it worked on this TV before?

no

ok.. this is the issue the remote needs to be setup for the TV if it is compatible.

I need the exact model of the remote please

OK but there is not a model No on it,all I can tell you is it the tv functions one side and a computer style key pad the other side

ok... but the remote is for the Kogan TV correct?

it's the one they supplied with tv

ok, it won't though then work with other TV's as it is not made for other TV's, only the one it came with.

What is the make and model of the TV you need a remote for?

Kogan Agora 32" smart TV KALED32SMTZD
I'm over this, it's the remote that came in the box when they sent me the tv it does not have any other visible markings other than the logo Kogan

Did you also connect the receiver to the TV? The small little one that comes with the remote?

There was nothing else with the remote

Ok, this is the issue, look at the second picture on the link I gave you, you see the small plug?