Richard, Technician
Experience:  Avid TV Technician
32989067

I purchased an HDMI cable along with an Apple HDMI to

I purchased an HDMI cable along with an Apple HDMI to Lighting adapter so I can view shows from my Ipad. It worked fine for a couple of days then all of the sudden it stopped working. I’ve tried unplugging the TV, checked the settings (HDMI is not even lit up), and I have tried it on another TV (not a Samsung) and it did work. Why did it just stop working? I know it’s not the cable. My TV is 10 years old. The models listed on the owners instructions are LN-T4061F, T4065F, T4661F, T4665F, T5265F.
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 10 years. Models are above.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?
Customer: It hasn’t been working for about two weeks. Been trying to find fixes on you tube.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. That’s it.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

On the iPad can you hold the home and power buttons until you see the apple logo then release.

Once done, let the iPad restart and tell me if it then connects correctly.

Thank you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK. It’s done.

ok, is it now working?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No thank you.

ok, sorry I am confused here.

I asked you to do a set of instructions and you replied

Ok, it is done

Then I asked you again if it is fixed and you reply No Thank you....

Can you tell me why you are replying like this as I am trying to see from you if it is now fixed

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is working now. Rebooting my ipad is the only thing I hadn’t tried. Fantastic!

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can I expect this to happen again? Why did this happen?

When the firmware crashes it can happen again,. it is not common though but if it happens again you just repeat the steps I gave you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you again. 5 stars coming up!

Thank you!