TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I cannot see the whole screen, I can see the whole screen…

I cannot see the...

I cannot see the whole screen, I can see the whole screen with Netflix or Apple tv but when I go back to Suddenlink the display is small in my left right corner as I watch the tv

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Apple TV?

No , I just unplugged the connection to internet It was working well until it seems I touched something

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the TV Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

No I just want to see the big screen now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I have suddenlink service

1/24/2018
Nathan, Installer
Do you have a suddenlink cable box?
Nathan, Installer
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Phone call session started

Thank you,

This problem with the picture size could be coming from either the tv OR the box

Grab the cable box remote and look for a button that says ZOOM, ASPECT, WIDE, RATIO, SIZE, FORMAT, * OR # etc

You may need to press this several times to cycle through the different options,

and you may have to make a similar adjustment on the tv as well, until you get them both to a desired setting

typically you'd want the cable box set on 16:9 or Wide

and you'd want the tv set on Normal or 16:9

It can take a bit of fiddling to get them both matched up, but you should have a button for this function on both the tv remote and on the box remote, and will have to use both