TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I can get 4K video from DIRECTV and Apple 4K TV but. I can’t…

I can get 4K...

I can get 4K video from DIRECTV and Apple 4K TV but

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to DirecTV?

I can’t get video from my 4K blu-rayi

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

I can get video with directv and apple 4k tv, the problem is getting video from the 4K blu-ray DVD player and can’t figure out why

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/21/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model number of both the tv and the player?
What port are you connected to on the tv?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s a JVC projector (DLA-x790r) connected to Sony x800 UHD Blu-ray player via Denon AVR-x6400H with 4K HDMI cable
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
HDMI cable in port 1 of projector and blu-ray port of receiver and direct to only port in Blu-ray player

Are you certain the hdmi cable is the latest hdmi2.0 rated?
Have you tested going directly from the player to the jvc, bypassing the denon to see if it will output 4k that way?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
to both. The Blu-ray is set up in the same way the DIRECTV and Apple TV are and I’ve tried 3 different hdmi cables, 2 of which were the cables that connect the DIRECTV and Apple 4K tv

When it was connected directly to the projector, did that work in 4k?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

Thanks for checking,

that would indicate an issue in the player itself. Make sure you're using the hdmi1 port on the sony,

and also go into the sony menu and check for any available software updates to make sure it has the latest version. Beyond that if it still doesn't help there is a defect in the sony and it would need to be replaced. If it is new enough you could exchange it with the retailer for a new one, or otherwise file a warranty claim with sony for repair/replacement.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

You're very welcome, and best of luck!

Nathan, Installer
Nathan, Installer