Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Bought 50" 8000 series smart TV with voice command remote.

Customer Question

bought 50" 8000 series smart TV with voice command remote. Every time I press function button, a foreign language (chinese??) is spoken as an override. How do I turn it off?
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Samsung UN49MU800FXZA i day old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Everything works, just annoying voice comes on each time.
JA: How long has this been an issue with your UN49MU800FXZA? What happened right before this?
Customer: Right from start, Only got it yesterday. Presume it is a feature for a foreign speaker. How do I remove it?
JA: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The same voice announces channel changes. Can I just turn it off, Do not need vocal channel change announcements. Please send your suggestion. I will see it in morning.
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 10 months ago.
Hello
WelcomeSorry you are having trouble here,the voice activation needs to be switched off in the settings menu it should be in a features sub menu however I will check once I get back to the officeAnthony