TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have Samsung 60H6203AF. The screen went black but we could…

I have Samsung 60H6203AF...

I have Samsung 60H6203AF. The screen went black but we could still hear sound.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your 60H6203AF?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/21/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Ps4 and spectrum cable box
We have had no other issues

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

It didn't do anything

OK, please turn On TV power to get sound from TV speakers

- Do you see a dim/ faint picture/ graphics if shine a good flashlight closely on the screen at an angle?

I shined the flashlight and can see the tv is on but pic is readable with flashight

OK, unfortunately, it seems backlight system failure that made the screen dark and most common failure is backlight LEDs inside the screen that needs to be replaced to resolve the problem, sorry for this news

Please click the following link to view backlight LED strips image/ info if you have a plan to work on it yourself as the screen will take apart very carefully for LED strips replacement

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung/un60h6203afxza

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective LED strips replacement to resolve the issue
I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Is this repair usually an expensive repair

I'm afraid yes, you can expect $250 plus for this repair

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Ty so much for your time on a Saturday night. Thank you.

Much welcome, I wish there was an easy quick fix available for it

Wish you the best~