TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Samsung TV Model #UN46EH5000FXZA lost picture completly but…

Samsung TV Model #UN46EH5000FXZA...

Samsung TV Model #UN46EH5000FXZA lost picture completly but still has sound. What do I look for?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your #UN46EH5000FXZA?

TV was bought in 2015

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Have no screen at all. Totally black no matter what button I bush on remote.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Could this be a backlight circuit board, can I replace it myself?

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/20/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

have changedto another tv, so tih one has sat foe a day or so, then I plugged it back in with still no picture.

OK, turn On TV power to get sound from TV speakers

- Do you see a dim/ faint picture/ graphics if shine a good flashlight closely on the screen at an angle?

I'm ok with this way of talking.

NOTE: The phone call or any other offer is automated and did not send by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

.

don't see any dim, faint or anything, have tried the flashlight with nothing.
Have looked at some other suggestions that it could be the backlight circuit board, could this be the problem?

OK, most likely it is the mainboard failure (EEPROM chip failure) and next possible cause is backlight LEDs failure mounted inside the screen that is a serious problem because the screen will take apart for backlight LED strips replacement

Please click the following link to get required identical replacement mainboard if you have a plan to work on it yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung/un46eh5000fxza

Mainboard swapping will either fix the issue or confirm it is the screen problem/ backlight LEDs failure and you can return the mainboard to supplier and get the backlight LED strips, but taking apart the screen is very risky as any wrong move will end up on broken screen

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you for your info and help. Will decide which way to go.

Much welcome, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician