TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

42 inch flat screen, has developed a blotch in the center of…

42 inch flat screen...

42 inch flat screen, has developed a gray blotch in the center of the screen, which occupies around 30% of the screen area.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Cat5, a/v yes - hdmi -no

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That should do it.

1/20/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Please try to get the model number off the back of the tv. If not:
-when did you buy the tv?
-what brand is the tv?

Cant get to model number, Samsung 42" flat screen about 5 yrs old.

Please tell me everything that you have connected into the tv:

-antenna

-cable

-satellite

-dvd

-etc

Cant get to model number, Samsung 42" flat screen about 5 yrs old.satellite-Dish by cat 5; vcr by A/V

Does this issue affect both - Dish and VCR

Cant get to model number, Samsung 42" flat screen about 5 yrs old.satellite-Dish by cat 5; vcr by A/VYes.

I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires parts be replaced that will cost more than a new 42" tv. The entire tv screen is bad and replacing that is too expensive vs buying a new tv.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Maybe you're thinking- "It wasn't worth it"... Well in fact, for years I worked for a repair shop that still charges $120 up front for an in home diagnosis. So by using this service you actually saved a ton of time and money.

Cant get to model number, Samsung 42" flat screen about 5 yrs old.satellite-Dish by cat 5; vcr by A/VYes.Model code PN42C450
I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires parts be replaced that will cost more than a new 42" tv. The entire tv screen is bad and replacing that is too expensive vs buying a new tv. I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here. Maybe you're thinking- "It wasn't worth it"... Well in fact, for years I worked for a repair shop that still charges $120 up front for an in home diagnosis. So by using this service you actually saved a ton of time and money.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
reply sounds about right. Thanks.Yes.Model code PN42C450