TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Our remote controls for our TV are acting funny. Most of the…

Our remote controls for...

Our remote controls for our TV are acting funny. Most of the time they will change channels just fine then all of a sudden they will only let us put in two numbers of a channel we would like to watch. Like the number punched does not appear on the screen. Any help.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

I will have to check it out. It is a Samsung Series 6 6030. Led. How old at lease 6 years or more but not much older.

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes the men works. But sometimes will not except a number for the channel we want.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

Nothing happen and it has been a while but only getting worst.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of.

1/20/2018
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

No.
my.justanswer.com/s/b6PRO
How do I reply to the info I received?
my.justanswer.com/app/s/K1kjP
How do I connect with Pete? I received this info at 12:28am Saturday morning and am trying to connect with Pete without any success. Help. I received all kinds of codes and none get me to Pete.

Hi Florence, sorry for the delay. You were offline when I replied yesterday.

Over time the remote controls can start acting funny due to a buildup of dust and grease around and underneath the buttons.

To get them working normally again they can be disassembled and cleaned underneath using electronic contact cleaner.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Pete, Electronic Engineer