TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv suddenly shut off and I don't know what to do. (I

My tv suddenly shut...

My tv suddenly shut off and I don't know what to do. (I already tried unplugging it and then plugging it back in)

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Element ELEFW4016 I bought it this past July, but it was a refurbished model.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No, nothing works. It's just dead.

1/20/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
- How long the TV power cord left unplugged?

- Does power indicator light on TV turn On solid or blink when press power button?

I left it unplugged for a few seconds before plugging it back in.
-There’s no response when I try to use the remote or the buttons on the side

OK, please disconnect the TV power for 10 minutes, reconnect it back in and reply back with the result

Nothing happened

Sorry to hear that, working on it, get back to you in 5 minutes

It seems it is power supply or mainboard internal problem, this TV has power supply section built on the mainboard that means it has one board that needs to be replaced to resolve the problem, I'm sorry it is not any wrong setting or reset issue as we have already tried the TV to reset that didn't work.

Please click the following link to view mainboard/power board image and price info if you have a plan to work on it yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/element-34016221-main-board-power-supply-for-elefw4016-tv-with-serial-beginning-w-h6g5m.htm

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue
I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Ok thanks

Much welcome, wish you the best~