TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sharp LC-60LE600U will not turn on. When I disconnect the…

Sharp LC-60LE600U will not...

Sharp LC-60LE600U will not turn on. When I disconnect the cord and reconnect it, the chevron will light up for about 30 seconds then goes off.

Technician's Assistant: Is your LC-60LE600U connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Ive also replaced the power board and the main board. Results are still the same

1/20/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

So I am assuming the chevron does not blink long and short blinks?it just lights up and then goes out altogether?

Sorry I did not see that you have changed power and mainboard and have exactly same symptoms because that does not make sense at all

Let me know because I do have an idea what this could be

The chevron does not blink
It only comes on for a few seconds when I plug in the tv then it goes off and nothing else will happen until I unplug the tv and plug it back in

You have moved the set to a different socket?the chevron not blinking means the set is not reporting a fault and as you have replaced the power-board that leaves the power-socket OR the on/off switch as being bad,its likely to be the latter but you need to move the set to another socket first

I have tried to plug it in at a different outlet. So you think its the on off switch?
Will that also keep it from working with the remote?

So are you saying as well as these issues the set will not work when running with the remote?

I can not turn the set on manually or with the remote

Yes I understand but this is the fault you are referring to,and no the set wont work with the remote whilst its in this bad mode, you will need to replace the on/off switch or better the board with the switch on,however I do not know at this time what the part-number is ***** will need to get the part-number from the board

Please though to elimiate the remote as transmitting take the batteries OUT of the remote and try the set again just in case the remote is bad and transmitting on its own

It could be transmitting the OFF signal spuriously

Let me know when you have cleared that angle with the remote

I had placed the TV in my garage where I replaced the boards and the remote was in the house, so I don't think its the remote but ill try it.

OK other than that it must be the on/off switch itself

Thanks, ***** ***** that

It cant be the circuitry because the powerlight will report it with blinks

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

How is this working out please?

Waiting on the part

OK thanks