TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Tv flickered for a while and stopped..now pic is dark...how…

Customer Question
Tv flickered for a...

Tv flickered for a while and stopped..now pic is dark...how to fix it? Tv is less than two years old..checked other Tv (s) in the house..they are OK so I know it's not cable related

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
1/20/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Un55ju6500f. DVD and cable hooked up to TV. I haven't tried it onthe DVD
Are you still there...???

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

OK will do now and let you know in ten...BTW. The voice is OK.. Just the picture is dark

Thanks for additional info, please take your time

Still dark
Picture is quivering but not flashing like it was

OK, typing info for you, hold on, please

Unfortunately, it is problem with the display panel/ the screen internal circuitry and the screen replacement is the only option to resolve the problem. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

If TV is out of warranty then you would be better off with a new TV instead of being spending time and money on this one's repair because screen replacement would cost approx new TV price of the same size. I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask

Thanks

The TV was bought in April of 2016...is it still under the manufacturer's guarantee.???
Are you still there??

Please check the warranty card of the TV to see if it is still under warranty, mostly TV come with 12 months warranty