TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sony XBR-65X50D tv that will not turn on. Had the…

I have a Sony...

I have a Sony XBR-65X50D tv that will not turn on. Had the same problem yesterday, unplugged the tv several times for 60 seconds, and after several tries it came on. Today I tried turning on the tv, but it would not turn on. I turned the tv on, and again it would not come on. I repeated what I did yesterday including pressing the power button in the rear of the tv. I have done this several times with no results. What do you suggest I do?

Technician's Assistant: Is your XBR-65X50D connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I have tried all of the steps several times, with no luck. Actually the tv turning on yesterday was a shock because I tried so many steps I do not know what actually caused it to come on. And I am baffled as to what to do.

1/20/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
- Does power indicator light on TV turn On solid or blink when press power button?

- Does TV screen glow/ show any graphics at all when tuning On TV power?

No the light does not come on.

OK, lets try the first step of troubleshooting

- Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

No I have not waited 10 minutes

OK, try it now if possible

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Phone call session started