TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My plasma tv, model # TH-42PX600U has gone black screen & no…

My plasma tv, model...

My plasma tv, model # TH-42PX600U has gone black screen & no sound.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

HDMI cable

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

1/19/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Do you currently have access to the tv so you can try something?

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on. Try the button on the tv itself, not just remote.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

No just talk on Internet
Please try this:-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on. Try the button on the tv itself, not just remote.REPLY back here and tell me what happens.
I pulled the hdmi cable out & plugged it back in, now it's working. I don't know which is the tv plug

The POWER plug goes to the Wall Power Outlet or Surge Protector. It needs to be unplugged for 3 minutes.

Tv is working..I think it might be the hdmi cable, is this possible.
I unplugged everything. Tv is working.

Excellent! All the best.

Please do submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am at least recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician