TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have 46" TVdid. it started turning itself off and on. It…

We have 46"...

We have 46" TVdid . it started turning itself off and on. It stays off for a few seconds to a few minutes. Then comes back on for a few minutes 2-5 then off again. checked all connectios and did not find anything wrong. Help!!

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

The brand is LG about 6yrs. I will try to locate the model #

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

When the tv is on everything seems to work ok does not stay on long enough to really check. Serial # 204RMUY3H934

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LG? What happened right before this?

It started about 5hrs at this time it will not come back on. Until this started everything was great.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of right now.

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/19/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Would the serial # be the same as model #

No, both are different and model number will help me to get related manual for troubleshooting purpose

42cs570ud All the devices are working. It is just the tv that has no power
Hello, are you still there?

OK - Does power indicator light on TV turn On solid or blink when press power button?

Yes, I'm here. My reply can take couple of minutes

Thanks. The power light does not do anything. It is as if there is no electricity to the unit.

OK, it seems power supply board failure, lets try the first step of troubleshooting that might help

Disconnect TV power cord from power outlet for 5 minutes, reconnect back in and check

If the problem still persists then I'm afraid it would be power supply board failure and replacement of power supply board is next option to resolve the problem. Please click the following link to view the power supply board image and part number info to search/ google it if you have a plan to work on it yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg/42cs570-ud

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician