TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The color on my Sony Bravia TV has an issue. Faces are. I…

Customer Question
The color on my...

The color on my Sony Bravia TV has an issue. Faces are green. I tried to adjust the color and hue in the picture option but the color is still not right.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Bravia?

10 years but is only used in the winter

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It is hooked up to Bose and a Bose remote but I was able to use the Sony remote to get to options.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

It has always been a great TV until Sunday when I was setting up Alexa but don't think that could have impacted it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I have 3 remotes: Bose that I use to control channels, volume, etc., Comcast, and Sony. Don't know what I should be using to try to correct the color.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/19/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Can you please tell me what cables are connecting your cable/satellite box to the TV? I'm guessing here- but are they red, blue,green, red and white RCA type cables? Let me know and we can proceed.

There are three cables going into the TV. They are red, white, and yellow

Thanks for the reply. What sources can you view on the set- in other words, if these symptoms occur with cable, can you try a DVD and let me know if the color is the same?

Are you still with me here?

No, I found the problem. Thanks very much.

Was it the video cabling running from the Cable Box to the TV? Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?