TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Picture doesn't fit screen size. 2002 27 inch. 2002

Customer Question
Picture doesn't fit screen...

Picture doesn't fit screen size. 2002 27 inch

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

2002 ft-27g7sd

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No just satellite. New DVD receiver.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

????

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

Haven't tried anything with sound system sound is fine.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

On the menu is the picture icon it says NO it will not reset to factory default it keeps going to NO

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
1/19/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Carol, who is your satellite provider please- DISH or DirecTv? Let me know and we can proceed.

Directv

Please try the steps below via DirecTv and let me know what happens.

Remove the black bars on the sides of the TV display
When you watch standard-definition programming in widescreen mode on a widescreen HDTV, black bars appear on the sides of the picture. You can remove the bars by adjusting your TV settings to fit the image to your TV.

1. Press ENTER on your remote to view the current zoom setting on your screen.
  2. Press ENTER repeatedly until you reach the zoom setting you want.
    • Normal displays the normal image.
    • Zoom 1 to 3 increases the zoom.
    • Stretch expands the image to fill the screen (may cause distortion of picture).

Were you able to try those steps to any avail?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

It is not a wide screen tv.
No change.

That's fine. What I posted were the steps to change the picture size using DirecTv's remote. So were you able to get to the various screen sizes as they indicate above?

No
Thank you
No need for further service I figured it out finally. Just a setting on my tvfrom Directv.
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

I see the previous expert has left the conversation.

Do you still need help with this?