TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Cannot get subtitles when using amazon prime video

Customer Question
Cannot get subtitles when...

Cannot get subtitles when using amazon prime video (internet). no problem when using cable.

Technician's Assistant: What device are you trying to connect?

Sony 60" 4k smart tv

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Sony. 4 months old. 60" 4k smart. Do not have model number; I guess it is on the back which I cannot get to.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV menu works just fine. I have no problem when using cable. Only with internet apps. I do not subscribe to Netflix so do not know whether it would work, but with Amazon prime video and YouTube, I cannot get subtitles with any setup settings.

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the TV Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Customer:***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
1/19/2018
TV Technician: Ronald Brock,
 replied 6 months ago
Ronald Brock

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question today. one question to help with the troubleshooting process, are you using the closed caption setting that is on your tv to get the CC or are you using the option that is within amazon prime video?