TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Sharp 70 inch no picture tried to force on screen just

Customer Question
Sharp 70 inch no...

Sharp 70 inch no picture tried to force on screen just blinks then goes off

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Sharp TV?

Nothing I took everything off

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No my brother moved it downstairs after stop working

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Wanna know if it worth to fix or not or if it can be fixed

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
1/18/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 month ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?
- How did you try to force On the screen?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there a way to force on by using the info button and volume down button

OK - Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sharp 70 inch model number LC70LE632U

OK, does the power indicator light on the TV blink in a specific pattern?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
REALLY COME ON IF YOUR A REAL TECH YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS PROBLEM THIS IS VERY COMMEN PROBLEM WITH THIS SET ITS ALL OVER YOU TUBE ON WHAT TO DO I TRYED EVERYTHING THAT WAS ON THERE AN WAS TRYING TO GET SOME EXPERT ADVISE BUT I GUESS IM JUST GETTING SCAMED.....THX ALOT.

Its not a scam, this TV has self-diagnostic feature that can detect several problems and present the error code with specific blinking pattern, I hope this info will help to understand my previous question

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
IT BLINKS SLOW THEN 3 BLINKS FAST I WATCH THE VIDEO ON HOW TO RESET AND IT WANTS TO GO ON BUT THEN THE SCREEN JUST BLINKS ON AND OFF FAST NOTHING HAPPENS AFTER THAT

Let me explain it further, you can try force On the TV only if flashing code is one slow and one fast.

Your error code is different and force on procedure will not work for you

How many times the light does blink slowly as it blinks 3 fast but how many times it blinks slow? this info will help me to get complete error code

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
DO YOU HAVE THE CODES FOR ALL SEVEN PATTERNS CAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA ON HOW THIS TV IS BLINKING
IT COMES ON BLINKING SLOW
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT THE BACK LIGHT MIGHT BE BAD IM WONDERING IF IT IS CAN IT BE FIXED AND IS IT WORTH IT

There are 11 different error codes for this model and I'm trying to get correct error code to assist you properly

If it is the backlight issue then you will see power light flashing 1 slow and 1 fast pattern

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK WHILE LIKE I SAID I TRYED THE INFO AND VOLUME DOWN NO GOOD AND I TRYED THE CHANNEL UP AND VOLUME DOWN NO GOOD
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
CHANNEL UP VOLUME DOWN IS A MASTER RESET AND SHOULD MAKE THE TV REBOOT AND BRING YOU TO AMAIN SCREEN MENU

Lets try the force mode correctly that might help

While holding down the “VOL Down” and “INPUT” keys at the same time on the TV (not on TV remote), plug in the AC cord of the TV to turn on the power.

Does the screen lit up and letter K appears?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
NO I TRYED THAT ALREADY THE SCREEN BLINKS FAST AND DOES NOT TRUN ON

OK, then reply with correct blink pattern to assist you further

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE THE FULL LIST OF CODES

I can provide you full error code list but it won't help you

Let me give an example of blink code

Power light blinks 2 times slow, then 5 times fast then pause/ stop for approx 2 seconds, then flash again and repeat the blink pattern

I hope this info will help to get the blink error code on your TV

Louie, Technician