TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Tv turns itself off intermitently and yellow light comes…

Tv turns itself off...

Tv turns itself off intermitently and yellow light comes on.After yellow light stops blinking I can turn on tv and it may stay on for hours or minutes,very variable.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Mitsubishi dipmodel #wd65833,purchased 2008

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your #WD65833? What happened right before this?

Ie has been an issue for at least a year.

1/18/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

to devices.model #6491092320

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Tried it. Unsuccesful

Sorry to hear that, there are three LED indicator lights on front of the TV, there are Lamp, Status, and Timer

Which light blinks in yellow?

Yellow light
Yellow light Yellow light blinks.
The other lights are red and don’t know the third color

OK, but I need to know which one is flashing in yellow, if count the light from left to right, these are Lamp, Status, and Timer

Yellow light blinks which is the lamp light

Thanks for the info, flashing yellow lamp light is an error code that means the lamp cover sensor switch isn't closed

Please put the lamp cover back on the TV and tight the screw so the lamp cover will depress the sensor switch, please reply back with the result

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician