TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 2007 20HL67, LCD Color TV. Does not respond to

I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 20HL67, LCD Color TV. Does not respond to either the remote or buttons on side of TV. Current message says "Not Available". If I press either INPUT or MENUE buttons on side of TV then programming choices will appear, but it just rapidly cycles through all the choices; same if I use up or down\left or right and change to another group.

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

Model # is 20HL67, purchased about 2007.

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

I've reached several, but it is always cycling so I can't get it to stop on any one.

1/18/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Unfortunately these symptoms indicate a fault of the Mainboard in the TV and generally requires repairs to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Please view my reply and try those steps to proceed.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

tried twice. Both times tv came on after plug in. Same problem exists.

That's bad news. Please give me a minute to type this up.

Unfortunately this indicates the set's power supply board has failed and needs to be replaced. This is a "plug and play" part- meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it. Only a screwdriver and about a half hour of your time. That part can be purchased for your set at the link below for $40:

https://www.ebay.com/i/172839722297?chn=ps

Alternatively, if you're not comfortable with this type of work, then at a shop this is $150-$200 parts and labor, which is typically not cost effective as a brand new 20" LED Smart TV starts at around the same cost. However if you'd like to inquire on repairs, or seek a 2nd opinion, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area if you'd like:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.
Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician
Aric, Technician