TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a model LED46C45RQ. I can turn on the power to the TV…

Customer Question
I have a model...

I have a model LED46C45RQ. I can turn on the power to the TV and bring up the menus, but whenever I turn on the power to a device that is hooked up to the TV (such as DirecTv box or Blue Ray) the TV shuts off and can't be turned back on until I unplug it. Basically, I can't watch anything on the TV! HELP!!!!!

Technician's Assistant: Is your LED46C45RQ connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes. And because of the problems I changed it to a different power strip and nothing changed.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes, have tried that several times.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/18/2018
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 6 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please