TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Frozen after switching between hdmi 1 and 2 to use roku.

Frozen after switching between...

Frozen after switching between hdmi 1 and 2 to use roku. Cant get back our spectrum cable tv

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

There is a floating no signal pop up

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

Cable box connected to tv and plugged into wall.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

We just seitched something over and cant get it back

1/18/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Only this tv has problem. We did it switching from hdmi 1 to 2 to plug in a roku stick. We couldnt get it to work so we unplugged it and now cant get any service from our spectrum cable bix, the cable box is the only thing plugged into tv now.
Panasonic. Model Tc-p50x3
Can we try this first? Limited budget is all. Will if necessary.

Thanks for the info, lets try the first step of troubleshooting that might help

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

I did but not for 10 min. Doing that now. Be back in touch

Sure, take your time

Need to reboot TV and the cable box

No luck. It came on with the same pop up about device being properly connected to input

Sorry to hear that, is the cable box hooked into HDMI-1 input of the TV and did you select HDMI-1 input on the TV?

Hooked into 2. But i did choose hdmi 2 on tv.

OK, try it in HDMI-1 input of the TV, please

Got it! Thank you

Excellent, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Actually...no sound. Is that weird?

- Do you get sound from TV speakers?

- Does volume display appear when push volume up button on TV remote?

Volume and mute does display. No sound from speakers.

This is odd, is there another video source/ device available to test/ verify the TV by hooking it into HDMI input?

I would recommend trying rebooting TV and cable box one more time at this point

Speakers work. We were just watching it before we screwed it up with hdmi.
Will do. Actually trying that now. Thanks

OK, take your time

Everything came back on with no sound.

OK, lets try the Roku device, connect it to HDMI-1 input of the TV, do you get Roku logo on TV screen?

We never got roku to work. Right now tv is on hdmi 1.

Also, it seems HDMI-2 input of the TV is disabled, to enable it needs to give a label

Using Panasonic TV remote, press menu and go to Setup option, do you see Input Label option there?

Does it matter what i kabel it.

No, just give it a label to get it enabled, please do not select skip or hide option there that will disable it

Also, please go to Audio setting menu of the main menu and check TV Speaker option, set it On and reply back with the result

Speakers are on. Labeled it media ctr.

OK, now pull the HDMI cord from HDMI-1 of the TV and plug it in HDMI-2

Select HDMI-2 input on the TV, do you get picture and sound now?

Picture...no sound still.

Sorry to hear that, we need to verify the TV with different video source such as DVD player etc at this time

OR connect the cable box to a different TV to see if you get sound and picture?

Right now it is either cable box or the TV internal problem and need to sort out which one is faulty to move forward

Ok. I will switch out yhe cable box and try that.

Sure, take your time and I'm standby

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Got it. Dont know why but when i seitched bixes back it all worked. Thank you, i will get you 5 star rated.

Excellent, glad to know all is set

Have nice time~