TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Panasonic Viera TV has suddenly switched itself off. The…

Customer Question
My Panasonic Viera TV...

My Panasonic Viera TV has suddenly switched itself off. The red standby light was blinking but the TV was otherwise completely off. When I tested that the power point it was plugged into was OK. the standby light stopped blinking and it seems there is nothing I can do to turn my TV on again. My TV is long out of warranty. Can you suggest anything to get it working again?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Viera?

About 8 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes. I can't get anything happening with the TV. It seems totally dead.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I can;t think of anything more to tell you.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/18/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 6 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Panasonic Viera model TH-P42G10A made in 2009. It is plugged into a foxtel set-top box only. I cannot test whether the problem applies to other sources because the problem is that I cannot get my TV to switch back on at all.

Thanks for the info

I need to know how many times the red light blinks before pausing and starting over...

The red light has totally stopped blinking. My Tv seems totally dead. I have plugged it onto a different power point and tried to use the remote to switch it back on but can't even get the red standby light to blink or come on.

OK, please press and hold the power button on the TV itself for 5 seconds, does the power light blink now?

No. I tried it twice. Absolutely nothing happened.

OK, mostly flashing light (usually 7 times) problem occurs on this model that tells the sustain boards failure (it was the previous symptom of the TV) and since no power light at all that indicates the power supply board may have been failed and causing no voltage supply to other circuit boards of the TV, in other words, it seems two or three circuit boards failure on the TV that needs to be replaced and this may cost you good money so I would recommend to invest that money in a new replacement TV instead of spending it on this 9 years old TV's repair

I hope this info will help to make a decision. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

How much are you charging me for this advice?

I have no info about billing, contact customer service at following numbers for billing info

USA:(###) ###-####br />United Kingdom - 0***-***-****
Ireland - 1800-760-906

TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 6 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Different expert here. Looks like Shahid had to step away. My name is***** you still need help on the Panasonic? I can help you troubleshoot and repair this thing.