TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a samsung series 5 that made a load pop and lost

I have a samsung...

I have a samsung series 5 that made a load pop and lost power

Technician's Assistant: Is your Samsung TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of. i have it removed and the back off

1/18/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
cy-kh055fsolv1h
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok

I'm sorry, that isn't model number

Samsung model number would start like UNxxx or PNxxx etc

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Sam Dennis Bradley
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
model un55hu8550f

Thanks for the info, it would be power supply board failure (loud pop sound) and replacement of power supply board in the TV will resolve the problem, please reply back if you want to work on it yourself and can remove TV back cover safely to assist you further

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i have the back off now

OK, please click the following link to view the power supply board image and part number info to search/ google it to get price info

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn44-00742a-power-supply-unit.htm

Power supply board image will also help to locate it in the TV

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
do you feel this is the best source for the replacement?

If you're asking about above supplier link then yes, they are good one

However, please get the p[art number off of power supply board on the TV to search/ google it for better price info

Power supply board part number would be BN44-00742A

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Samsung BN44-00742A Power Supply **NEW 1/18** For: UN55HU8500FXZA TH01 i found this on ebay....says it is from a new damaged tv.....for $175 your thoughts? Jimmy is out of stock
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
do you know if there is a way for them to test before they sell them?

No, you can check standby volts only on that board with a multimeter

I found following two links offering the same power board on quite less

https://www.ebay.com/p/Bn44-00742a-Power-Supply-Board-L55g4p-EHS-Samsung-Un55hu8550f/1337575163

https://www.tvpartstoday.com/BN44-00742A-Samsung-TV-Module-power-supply-p/bn44-00742a.htm

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks for your help.

Much welcome, wish you the best~

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician