TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

One of my kids thru. one of my kids through the remote at…

Hi one of my...

Hi one of my kids thru

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Hi one of my kids through the remote at his brother it bounced of his head hit the Samsung smart TV series 6 model : UA60JU6400W witch instantly went black screen no picture but can still hear the sound can not see any mark on the screen were it hit??? is it worth trying to get it fixed???? don't know age of tv brought it of my mate 7 mouths ago Thanks Mick

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Roughly how much to fix if it can be fixed

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/17/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
- Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
don't know age Samsung model :UA60JU6400W CODE UA60JU6400WXXY

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
$37 to call NO thanks

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
that's the first thing I tryed

OK, does screen glow/ show backlight when turning TV power On?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no screen is just black with sound on TV dose not change appearance wether its on or of when tured on the sound comes on that's it

OK, please try the following test that will help to diagnose the issue

- Do you see a dim/ faint picture/ graphics if shine a good flashlight closely on the screen at an angle?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
see nothing but torch light reflection

OK Mick, apparently it is backlight failure that made the screen dark and if remote hit the screen with quite forcibly then the display panel would be broken too

Flashlight/ torch test was to determine if a dim image or lines visible on the screen but that didn't work so not sure if the display panel is still intact or not. When backlight system glow the screen then it will be confirmed

If backlight system inside the screen has been damaged then the screen replacement is needed but it may cost around 80% of new TV price, sorry for this news, and you would be better off with a new TV at that point

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no more questions thanks for your help. regards Mick

Much welcome Mick, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician