TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

2016 Samsung 65” 4K tv mounted on wall HDMI input from

2016 Samsung 65” 4K...

2016 Samsung 65” 4K tv mounted on wall HDMI input from wireless receiver came disconnected from tv input. Cannot find input due to small space between wall and back of tv. It is tilt mount

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Sonos

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

No problem with sound system just wireless signal from receiver which has become disconnected

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/17/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Ok

As you can guess, me being behind a computer gives me even more of a disability in trying to solve this rather than someone in the room with the TV. Also not all 2016 Samsung 65" 4K TV's have the same jacks in the same location, so the only practical solution for you is to get a small "dental mirror" and a flashlight and reach the mirror behind the TV to visually identify the matching jack that fits the disconnected cable you have in your hand. Otherwise, the TV would need to be removed from the wall mount in order to see all of the jacks. Offhand, I'm not sure what you're referring to as a "wireless receiver", but if you have a cable that needs to be plugged in- then the receiver is not truly "wireless".

If you need further assistance I would need you to postback with the following:

1) A photo of that cable that needs to be plugged into the TV.

2) The model number off of the sticker on the back of the TV (found using a mirror and a flashlight, or the model number on the receipt or owner's manual).

I’m using a DVDO 3C Pro

Okay, so you need to access one of the HDMI ports on the TV. Again, without a mirror or a model number we have no way to locate the HDMI jacks on the back of the TV. Usually they are towards the RIGHT (facing the TV), and face IN (if facing the TV- in from a right angle).

Click the link below to see pictures of the back of a "common" Samsung 65" 4K setup. The picture ofo the back can be clicked on and blown up:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_30565M8000/Samsung-UN65MU8000.html?tp=60890&awkw=285278552093&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=182998098155&awdv=c&awug=9003227

Please view my last reply if you need further help.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician