TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The channel buttons on my Panasonic viera tv are not working…

The channel buttons on...

The channel buttons on my Panasonic viera tv are not working and the remote no longer works. There is nothing wrong with the remote. Is this likely to be a costly repair?

Technician's Assistant: Are there buttons on the side, bottom, or back of your Viera?

They are on the side.

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

None.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

The tv image was fine until the buttons stopped working on the remote and subsequently stopped working on the tv.

1/17/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Does the buttons on the set ITSELF work OK?

No. They did a while after the remote link broke down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLx4zBKTSiM << PLEASE CLICK

Check the remote by clicking link above, let me know if it works or not

in other words I Could change chanels on the tv itself for some to days.

Please read above

You website does not allow me to put in uk number. Also I am sure of the UK country code

I am not sending messages for phone calls the site is please just read what I have indicated above and reply back here

No this fine

Can you please just read what I have said above and reply back here ,I have asked about checking the remote there is a link above for you to check the remote

I said at the beginning the fault is not to do with the remote, which is working properly with and older machine.

You saying the remote works we have to prove that, you did not say it worked on another unit,OK we know now it works, so the problem is going to be the IR receiver INSIDE the set this will need to be repaired or replaced how old is the set please?

I am not sure - it is a hand me down from my brother. I have had it about three years

Can you get me the model number found on the back of teh set?

By the way I am in the UK too,Warrington

It s TXL32U3B

You may get some shop who will stick in another IR receiver for about £50 or less if you brought it to them however these small sets now you can get for buttons they have dropped to under £200

So maybe it might be a better option to replace it

OK Thanks for that.

Let me know if you need any more help

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician