TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I've got a 5-6 year old 46" Bravia: Model KDL-46BX450.

I've got a 5-6...

I've got a 5-6 year old 46" Bravia: Model KDL-46BX450. Remote will not turn on the TV even after changing the batteries. Indicator light on the front of the TV stays red. Is the manual off/on button the top one on the right side of the TV? If so, that's not turning it on either.

Technician's Assistant: Is your Bravia connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Thnx.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Tried that - now not even the red "off" light comes on.

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/17/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Still nothing - not even the red "off" light comes on.
Are you still there?

Yes, typing info for you

No thanks.

Sorry to hear that, this test also confirmed it is TV internal failure, a possible cause is either power supply board or the mainboard problem, sorry for this news.

It needs further troubleshooting inside the TV with a multimeter to check standby 3.3V on power supply board, if the meter shows 3.3V DC reading then the mainboard is defective and needs to be replaced. If standby 3.3V reading isn't available then it is power supply board failure that will be replaced to resolve the problem.

Please check the following link to view power supply and mainboard image and part number info to search/ google it if you have a plan to work on it yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sony/kdl-46bx450

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Question got refunded?