TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a 65 inch Panisonic Plasma TV that is 8 years old. I…

I have a 65...

I have a 65 inch Panisonic Plasma TV that is 8 years old. I can not get it to turn on. Have checked all connections and it trys to turn on. When it does not the red indicator light blink 6 times and then stops. Is this something that I should call to get repaired or replace the TV because of the age.

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes it is.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes several times in fact I unplugged it last night and left it unplugged until I got home tonight. When I plugged it back in it still will not turn on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time.

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/17/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
TC-P65S1 Is that the Model number you need

Thanks for the info, get back to you in 5 minutes, is this OK?

OK, 6x flashing light is an error code that tells the problem with sustain boards of the TV, replacement of sustain boards (known as SC and SS) will resolve the problem, this kind of repair may cost around $400 plus if replacement sustain boards are still available as TV is an old model.

You may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV and I would recommend a new TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It looks like I had better just replace the TV. Only spent $2500 for it 8 years ago. I think we got our money out of it. Any suggestions on what to replace it with. This is the first problem we have had with this one.

Yes, new TV would be a good decision, there are many Samsung, Sony TVs are available, can you tell me bit more of your choice like a smart TV or 4K TV etc

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Probably a smart TV. We have Direct TV Satellite. Something that would well with that. My husband is elderly and disabled so he watches a lot of TV. Something that would be easy for him to use.

OK, please click the following Sony link to view their TV line up

https://www.sony.com/electronics/tv/t/televisions

and click the following link to view Samsung TV line up

https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/all-tvs/s/_/n-10+11+hv1uh/

I hope this info will help to choose a TV

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much for your help.

Much welcome, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician