TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My TV has sound and screen is dark blue no picture. No not…

Customer Question
My TV has sound...

My TV has sound and screen is dark blue no picture

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

No

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No not the I know of

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No just need the picture TV is only 1 month old

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/17/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 6 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

RTU5540-C
Only thing attached to tv is bell box and DVD player

Thanks for the info, lest try first thing of troubleshooting that might help

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

OK did that and didn't work
TV is 6 weeks old

Sorry to hear that, does TV display menu screen or any graphics appear when pushing volume button etc?

No

OK, just to clarify, screen glows in dark blue but no image/ graphics whatsoever appears on the screen, is this correct?

OK, unfortunately, it is either T-Con board or the display panel/ the screen internal failure, replacement of the t-con board will either fix the issue or confirm it is the screen fault. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

It depends on store terms and conditions, hopefully, they will replace it right away as TV is just 6 weeks old