TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

The screen is black but the sound is on. No hdmi, we have…

The screen is black...

The screen is black but the sound is on

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

No hdmi, we have the red yellow and white wire

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

I don't think so i don't live here but my boss says he doesn't remember

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope i think that's it ok thank you

1/16/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hey thanks
Model #
Un55j6200afxza
We just have dish cable connected to tv

Thanks for the info, lets try the first step of troubleshooting that might help

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it's just black no matter what.
I've turned tv and cable box off and turned it back on and still does the same thing

Disconnecting TV and cable box power cords is bit different thing, can you try that now?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oops I didn't leave it unplugged for that long though. I'll try it right now

Sure, please reply back with the result

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It didn t do anything

OK, one more test, please

- Do you see a dim/ faint picture/ graphics if shine a good flashlight closely on the screen at an angle?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do

Thanks for the info, typing info for you, hold on, please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Np

This is backlight system failure problem, backlight glows the screen and possible cause is either backlight LEDs inside screen have failed or the power supply board isn't providing volts. It needs further troubleshooting inside the TV with a multimeter to check output volts on power supply board that go to backlight, if volts are available then backlight LEDs are bad and need to be replaced, mostly it is backlight LEDs failure in this model and the screen will take apart to replace LED strips to resolve the problem

Please click the following link to view LED strips info for this model

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung/un55j6200afxza

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective LED strips replacement to resolve the issue
I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you!!

Much welcome, wish you the best~

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician