TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I'm trying to connect a Clear TV X-72 HDTV indoor antenna to…

I'm trying to connect...

I'm trying to connect a Clear TV X-72 HDTV indoor antenna to my Haier 19 in TV Model L19B1120

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 19?

A few years. The directions on the clear tv antenna say to put set the TV imput to antenna. I don't have that source as an option

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The TV menu does not have imputs on it. I have to go to the source button to change inputs

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 19? What happened right before this?

No problem before because I was using a cable box on HDMI 2

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not right now. Thank you

1/16/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

ok

First take the haier remote and press the Source button,
from the list of source options, choose TV.

Then go into the haier menu, and to the Channels section,

from there you will see a channel scan/search (auto program) option, select that, and it will scan for and load any channels that it is able to in you rlocation.

Let me know the results, please.

it scanned the channels and now say "Please run auto scan" I pushed enter button but nothing happens. Where do I go to fins auto scan

Did you select channel scan from the menu? You may have to select just digital not analog.

I selected channel will try again with just digital

Thanks,

when done it should tell you that some number of channels were found, and then ask you to continue/next/exit (menu or back button) to complete the process.

It will only allow be to chose auto scan. When I push down arro to try to go to DTV it will stops at auto scan

Then choose the auto scan option and let that complete.

After it shows channels found, press menu to exit out and see if you can watch any of the channels

It continues to "please run auto scan" and will not exit. I have run it 3 time and no success. It goes thru the channels to over 130 and then goes right to the screen that say "pleas run......". I have tried to exit but then I'm back to menu and can only go to Auto scan.

Does it ever show any channels as being found?

No, as soon as it id one scanning it goes immediately to "Pleas run..." on the page that start the scanning, below RF scan is a found option but it will not let me choose that option. It starts to immediately scan for channels

Okay the issue here then is that it isn't actually finding any stations,

this could be due to the antenna being too small or not well oriented, or a hardware defect in the tv itself.

Try rotating the antenna slightly and try again, and if possible it is best to place the antenna along an exterior wall or preferably even in front of a window.

I put the antenna in front of a window and ran auto scan but the same thing continues. Is there any antenna built into this TV? We live near Omaha and there are 3 major networks and Fox.

No there is no antenna built in.

How far would you say you are from downtown Omaha?

we are by Bellevue which is about 10 miles from downtown
Is there a stronger antenna I could purchase for this TV?

Thank you for the info,

the antenna is certainly a possible issue, so replacing it would be a helpful next step, here is a model I'd recommend trying: http://amzn.to/2Da9JMG

Will try this. Don't what else to do. The Tv worked fine with the cable box so I will reconnect until I find an antenna that works. Thanks

You're very welcome! If you find the new antenna doesn't work either, let me know and I'll advise further.

Thank you,

Nathan, Installer