TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Well I bought this magnavox in apr 2014 model no 46me313v/f7…

Well I bought this...

Well I bought this magnavox in apr 2014 model no 46me313v/f7 and now the power button comes on but no picture or sound

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your 46ME313V?

Not at this time. I unplugged everything trying to see if it was just the tv

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No power outage. My other tv is working fine

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/16/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Do you currently have access to the tv so you can try something?

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on. Use the button on the tv, not remote.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

no just continue this way

Please try this:

nothing happened just the red power light indicating I'm getting power to the tv

Since unplugging didn't help- I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (previous tv electronics experience is required on your part). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop but that will cost more than a new 46" tv.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Maybe you're thinking- "It wasn't worth it"... Well in fact, for years I worked for a repair shop that still charges $120 up front for an in home diagnosis. So by using this service you actually saved a ton of time and money.

Thank you for you help. I will rate you for your answer

You're welcome. Apologies again for the bad news.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician