TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have Direct TV with the box. Today, my television turned…

Customer Question
I have Direct TV...

I have Direct TV with the box. Today, my television turned off, and I can't get it to come back on. My remote turns on the Direct box, but not the television. I have looked an felt all over the tv set and can't find the controls on it. Help

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to DirecTV?

I'm not getting anything; I can't get the set to come on at all. I changed batteries and even tried using the remote from a different Direct box, but my television set stays dark.

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

My other television and my computer are working fine. I need to know if there is a place where I can manually try to turn on my television. Then, I need to discover if the remote will work again.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so; I am mainly concerned with finding out if my television set is dead. It was working fine earlier today.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/16/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model number of the tv?
Will the tv respond to its own onboard power button?

It is imperative that you reply back to me here, on your original question only, please.

Posting new/duplicate questions costs you more and hinders my ability to reply.

Please reply back here on this page when ready.