TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Picture is grainy/fuzzy. did a reset to factory default but…

Customer Question
Picture is grainy/fuzzy....

Picture is grainy/fuzzy. did a reset to factory default but same result. does the same with bleary player

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Vizio- 2012

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your media player?

I reset it to factory settings but same result. same picture quality with blueray player so it is definitely the tv that is the problem

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Was referred to by vizier support

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
1/15/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

If you press the menu button of the sets OWN remote control is the menu ITSELF as bad as the picture?

The menu is just as bad.

In that case you have one of two issues either a bad t-con board (this drives the LCD panel_screen)or the LCD panel itself,the catch 22 is the t-con board cannot be checked only replaced to eliminate it,if you wish to do that please let me know I will provide all the relevant info for you to do that,cost of board around $80,if it turns out to be the panel then I am afraid that is a no go.

Let me know if you need more help

Anthony

Sorry this is not something easier

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release a payment to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony