TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My picture is too big on some channels. Elst5016s I think it…

Customer Question
My picture is too...

My picture is too big on some channels

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Elst5016s I think it is 18 months old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

My menus works and i only have this problem on Netflix and MSNBC

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That is it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
1/15/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

This problem with the picture size could be coming from either the tv OR the box

Grab the cable box remote and look for a button that says ZOOM, ASPECT, WIDE, RATIO, SIZE, FORMAT, * OR # etc

You may need to press this several times to cycle through the different options,

and you may have to make a similar adjustment on the tv as well, until you get them both to a desired setting

typically you'd want the cable box set on 16:9 or Wide

and you'd want the tv set on Normal or 16:9

It can take a bit of fiddling to get them both matched up, but you should have a button for this function on both the tv remote and on the box remote, and will have to use both

Let me know if that works for you please.

I have an Amazon Firestick and it does not have those adjustments

It does,

it is just labeled a bit differently.

Go into the firestick settings, under system, then display and you'll see 4 arrows on the screen, and you can use the arrow buttons on the remote to adjust the size of the screen smaller or larger, until you just see the tips of the arrows at each edge of the screen.

I see some of the arrows but it will not adjust

You need to use the up/down and left/right arrows on the fire remote to adjust the screen size.