TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sound cuts out at times for a few so. M55osv. Will try that,

Customer Question
Sound cuts out at...

Sound cuts out at times for a few so

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

M55osv

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Will try that, thanks

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

Have to go, will chat later

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I have a vizio m55osv 55 inch TV, after an hour or so I'm getting dropouts in the audio lasting a second or two, sometimes the dropouts are close together, other times it could be an hour or more, l the longer the TV is the more frequently they occur, this is happening on all HDMI inputs, I have swapped out the cable box and no other TV s in in the home have the same issue, the TV is almost six years old and the picture is great, trouble started about two months ago, is this a defective motherboard

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/15/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?