TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv will not come on. Red light and it clicks on then off…

My tv will not...

My tv will not come on. Red light and it clicks on then off 4 seconds later

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

I just plugged it in the wall

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just will not come on - red light is on

1/15/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Please try to get the model number off the back of the tv. If not:
-when did you buy the tv?
-what brand is the tv?
-what size is the screen?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?

Zenith 45inch led

Thanks, ***** ***** you buy the tv?

2 years
I hear it clicking

Do you have any extended warranty coverage? Because unplugging for a few minutes is the only reset. So I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (previous tv electronics experience is required on your part). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop but that will cost as much as a new 45" tv.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Maybe you're thinking- "It wasn't worth it"... Well in fact, for years I worked for a repair shop that still charges $120 up front for an in home diagnosis. So by using this service you actually saved a ton of time and money.

Thanks!
5 Star ⭐️

You're welcome. Apologies again for the bad news.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician