TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I can turn on my Panasonic Plasma only after many tries

Customer Question
I can turn on...

I can turn on my Panasonic Plasma only after many tries taking as much as 20 minutes. I have no cable and using HDMI to play.

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have? How old is it?

Tc-p46S1

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works. Usin HDMI.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Panasonic? What happened right before this?

The TV was dormant for years, but then played HDMI until a few months ago reliably.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
1/15/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 4 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Offhand the set taking so long to come on is a hardware fault occurring./ Can you tell me what the power light does when it's trying to come on- does it stay red, or blink? Are there any click sounds coming from the set when it occurs?

View my reply and send one back of you need help here.

Louie, Technician