TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

LG ultra HD TV flashing full screen red/green/blue/ over and…

Customer Question
LG ultra HD TV flashing...
LG ultra HD TV flashing full screen red/green/blue/white over and over. Have tried to reset it multiple times, but no resolve..
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/15/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

43UF6400

Thanks

- Any idea how old is the TV?

- Were you trying to program a universal remote on that TV that caused the flashing full-screen red/green/blue/white over and over issue?

Got it in 2015.. trying to use the original remote.
Plugged in a new dvd/Blu-ray player today and turned it on and it’s flashing different colors.

OK, what you have tried to reset the TV?

We read online to try the up/down arrow and then unplug it and wait 10 seconds and plug it back in and if that didn’t work to try the same thing with the left/right arrow... that’s all we’ve tried other than turning it off and back on

OK, please try to unplug TV for 10 minutes and reply back with the result

Turned it back on and it’s still doing the same thing

Sorry to hear that, this test also confirmed it is not a wrong setting/ reset issue, it seems hardware related problem where EEPROM chip that stores TV firmware data has got an internal failure that triggered the self-test mode on the TV so TV flashing full-screen red/green/blue/white over and over. EEPROM chip is mounted on the mainboard of the TV and it needs to replace mainboard to resolve the problem.

Please click the following supplier link to view main board image and part number info if you have a plan to work on it yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg/43uf6400-ua

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website.
Thank you.