TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We just set up a new u55 tv it has a line&a black space

Customer Question
We just set up...

We just set up a new u55 tv it has a white line&a black space about 12 inches from the right of the picture can not get rid of it

Technician's Assistant: How old is your U55?

Bran new

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your U55? What happened right before this?

We unpacked it and hooked it up to dtict tv via new genie

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Reran all set ups agin still same results

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
1/14/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me the brand and the complete model number of the tv?
Does that same line/space show on any other content besides dtv, such as dvd, games, apps, etc?

It is a Sceptra 4KUHD, Model # UNTV58FE. We haven't hooked it up to anything but direct tv

Can you try accessing some of the built in apps on the tv, like netflix, and see how those work?

not hooked to internetg

Can you please try to test something else,

this is a necessary part of the diagnostic process.

Can you temporarily hook up a dvd player, or another directv box from another room?

forget it we are returning as defective.please don't contact us agin

I agree it most likely is defective, but that is what I was trying to diagnose by having you conduct some simple tests.
These sceptre tvs are some of the lowest quality sets on the market and are often defective right out of the box. I'd be happy to recommend some better quality replacement brands/models for you if you'd like.

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 6 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.