TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Panasonic TH-58PX600U TV will not power on only clicking and…

Customer Question
Panasonic TH-58PX600U TV will...

Panasonic TH-58PX600U TV will not power on only clicking and light on board in back blinking but power light on front not blinking

Technician's Assistant: Is your TH-58PX600U connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No it is not

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes I did and kept doing the same thing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
1/14/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Is the set in standby ?usually a red light

No standby light or anything on the front, just a click,click pause click,click pause etc

Sounds like a primary power-board issue, as there is no power-light at all this board will likely need to be replaced ,one voltage check would be needed just to see if the main-board is receiving 5vdc, would you consider doing this yourself?

I am not sure at the cost of a board but around $80_$100

I cannot check right now for voltage but there is a red light on one of the boards on the back that is blinking
every time the board does a double click the light goes on and off on the board on the back

Yes that is the logic board and its normal for it to blink, sounds like power-board ,the set is not reporting a fault otherwise the light would be blinking so something odd has happened, has it been subject to storm damage?

No storm damage that I know of
If it is not the power board what else could it be?

Usually the set will report a problem with the blinking so its either power or a main-board issue here one of those boards will need to be replaced

If its been subject to a surge or storm damage then both could be bad, so you are looking potentially at a $200 input which may not be a good idea for a set of this age

where is the main board located?

The main-board is the one with all the AV inputs attached

Usually its in the bottom right hand corner

gotcha, is there any way to test the main board-I do not want to purchase both boards if I do not have to, and if I were to replace one board first which one would you replace first?

No that is the catch no way to check effectively either board, I can because I have the expensive test gear but you have no chance the main-board is a data board anyhow data boards can't be checked and the power-board can only be checked properly on a jig

The pointers are what you told me, no power light lit or blinking

Which one would you replace first?

As it stands the main-board, but ideally a check needs to be made with a voltmeter

The check will just make things a bit clearer

Let me know if I can do anything else

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

2nd is power 1st is mainboard underneath the metal of the inputs

If you could just take the time to rate me 3 to 5 stars please the site will then release a fee to me thank you,rating bar of stars is top of the page thanks again

No that is the logic board it does different work and the power-light would blink if this was bad it WONT blink if the main-board is bad this is the board covered by the black metal over the INPUTs,I think you can see about a quarter of it sticking out the top,

Yes