TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I just bought a vizio sound bar and hooked up can't get

Customer Question
Hi I just bought...

Hi I just bought a vizio sound bar and hooked up can't get sound, what setting do I need to put my vizio Model number E420AR which is hooked up by and optical cable.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Vizio

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

Just going into TV just trying to get the audio set to external speaker I have turned off the main speakers to TV.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/14/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 1 month ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help! On your TV, there is no need to turn the internal speakers off. Leave them on and turn them down. There also isn't a menu function to active the sound bar or anything like that... it's just plug and play. What I see most often is that folks don't push the optical cable in far enough, until it clicks on both sides.