TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I can’t get my Vizio remote to display inputs that will

Customer Question
I can’t get my...

I can’t get my Vizio remote to display inputs that will allow me to stream my Netflix.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Vizio TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Also can’t control volume or mute the sound.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
1/14/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

E500i-B1
Cable box is connected as is Amazon box and Apple TV box.
Are you going to call me?
I need to speak to a technician. Can anyone help me now?
I’ve texted everything I know. Can someone provide some guidance online please?
Why did you ask me for all my credit card information when no one is available to call me? That’s just not right.

Sorry for delayed reply, I was away from my computer

I need bit more info to troubleshoot the problem and I'm not available for phone call right now but maybe another expert will do it

Is there any button on Vizio remote work such as power, volume etc

No. Fresh batteries and the input button lights when pressed but nothing happens.
Are you still there?
There are multiple remotes including the one provided by the cable company, but that input button doesn’t work either.

Thanks for the info, it seems remote sensor failure on the TV that is why TV isn't receiving any remote control signals, lets confirm the remote as first thing

Please click the following link to watch a video clip for how to check the remote control with help of a camera/ cell phone camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLx4zBKTSiM

Please reply back with the result to proceed further

Saw no indication that infra red signal is emitting.
We just got a new Vizio remote sent to us. Could it be the wrong remote for this TV?
Is anyone there? This is maddening!

Are you using iPhone camera for this test?

If so, please use front camera of iPhone

That’s exactly what I did.

This is odd, two or three Vizio remotes can't be bad at the same time

Can you check a working remote (cable remote etc) with the camera to make sure the test is done correctly?