TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I cannot get my receiver to play sound for my tv. Switched…

Customer Question
I cannot get my...

I cannot get my receiver to play sound for my tv. Switched to aux to play iPod and now tv sound won't return. I switched input back to TV.

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your iPod? Is there anything at all displayed?

I v

Technician's Assistant: Is your iPod connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

I had it off when using iPod. Now I can see TV image but no sound. iPod connected to receiver.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
1/13/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the brand and model number of the receiver?

What's the model number off of the back of the TV?

Denon. I don’t see a model number.
Samsung tv. Mounted to wall so I cannot see behind it.

The Denon will have a model number right on the front of the receiver. Can you get that? Something like: AVR-1506, etc....

DDSC

Hmmm, that's not it. This is a receiver? Model number should be on the top left corner.

Avr5800

Thank you. Now please tell me what sources are connected to the TV (ex: cable box, DVD player, etc.), and what source has lost sound (Cable Box)?

Cable box, cd, iPod dock. iPod works, can’t get tv to have sound. Not sure what input I should be on. It’s currently on the TV input Though I’ve tried them all
cable box

Okay, first try rebooting the cable box. Shut the Denon and TV off then unplug the cable box power cord for 10 seconds and plug it back in. Give the box a few minutes to reboot and then turn the system on. Once the box finishes rebooting let me know if you have sound.

So if you can't unplug anything how did you reboot the cable box??

From settings on the remote

You can't reboot a cable box that way. I am afraid I won't be able to help you.

55357;�
Can you at least tell me what input it supposed to be on