TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We're trying to connect Amazon prime to our Panasonic Viera…

Customer Question
We're trying to connect...

We're trying to connect Amazon prime to our Panasonic Viera TC-P50ST30 TV using our Panasonic Blu-ray DMP-BDT 280 ...but are getting frustrated. We can't get to first base to download the Amazon video app. Help please... (and do I get charged if it's not possible - as I can't find whether or not it's compatible anywhere online with Panasonic.)

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Amazon Video?

It's so agonizingly slow - we haven't even found it yet! How do we get to Amazon video sanely?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

It's great - no problem there..

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that it's extremely slow navigating...

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
1/13/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

To be clear, this is a paid support service, you are paying for my time and expertise provided as an independent technician in assisting you, regardless of the outcome, as not all issues are possible to fix.

The short answer is that unfortunately, this not going to work. Your devices simply don't have this capability.

While amazon was once available on the tv, it is a 2011 model and is past its service life at this point. The marketing agreements for it have ended several years ago and there have not been any updates made available for it since then, so the tv app is no longer functional.

The bluray does not support that app either, it was not an option for the Canada models, the player is limited to the apps that were included on it at the time of manufacture. It too is getting on in age, and as a 3 year old model is no longer supported or updated.

The best way to get the content you want is by connecting a dedicated external streaming device such as

a roku or fire tv or appletv and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and lower cost.

The bluray you can continue using just as a disc player.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,