TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I can turn it on and get to the initial screens, can even…

I can turn it...

I can turn it on and get to the initial screens, can even select programs from the guide, but the program does not come on, no video and no sudio.

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

No, let me try that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Ok, I tried unplugging it, but that didn’t help.

Are you there?
1/13/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model of the tv?
How are you getting your programs? Antenna, cable./satellite box, basic cable, etc?

I don’t know the model, just that it’s a Samsung. I have cable,AT&T uverse

Can you please look at the sticker on the back of the tv and get the model number for me?

As a first step, please unplug power to the uverse cable box, for at least 5 minutes,

replug, wait 5 more minutes then test if you can pull up any programs at that point and let me know the results.

what am I to do? Will he call me or are there other things I should try

I sent you a reply above, please complete those steps

Nathan, Installer
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Phone call session started