TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Some functions on the remote control either don't work or…

Some functions on the...

Some functions on the remote control either don't work or operate intermittently. It is not the handset as we replaced the handset and still have the same problems. Have done a reset on the TV without success.

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

Is the remote sensing system on the TV set economically reparable? Model is LG 65LM6200-TA.

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

ON/Off, Home, Guide, work. OK button never works. Some other buttons work intermittently.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Some functions not accessible by remote control unit can be operated by a hardwire connected mouse.

Answered in 1 day by:
1/14/2018
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help. It looks like you've gone over some basic information with our automated system, so I just have a couple questions to make sure I know what's going on.

Yes, the remote sensor is economical to replace. Would you like some instructions on how to do it yourself? Or do you need a cost on repair?

Instructions on how to do it please.

Sure, no problem!

First, you're going to need a new sensor. The part number is ***** I don't know where to get one in Australia, but if you can purchase from a US site then >>here<< it is. If that site doesn't work, use the part number I gave you and search Google locally, or get a hold of a local shop to order it for you from LG/Zenith distribution.

As for replacing it, it's really quite simple! Just disconnect the power cord and then remove the TV's rear panel. There are several screws in this one, so keep a bowl nearby so you can keep track of them all. Once the rear panel is removed, you'll see the TV's circuit boards. There aren't many! The sensor board is a thin board that looks like >>this<<.

Removing the board is easy... just disconnect the wiring harness (no soldering), and then remove the screws that hold it in place. Then you just reverse the procedure to install the new board!

I really hope that answers your question! Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.