TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a VF551xvt set. Purchased a TERK antenna and response…

I have a VF551xvt...

I have a VF551xvt set.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Purchased a TERK antenna and response is "No Signal" at all channel.scans of TV.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your? What happened right before this?

Antenna works on a Samsung

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just first of all does the VF551 xvt have a tuner in it ? I can't find my manual

1/12/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

First- Yes the TV has a built in tuner. Secondly, you need to do a reset of the TV and then run through the "setup wizard"- selecting antenna and then run a channel scan. Click the link below and scroll to page 51 and follow those steps:

http://cdn.vizio.com/manuals/kb/legacy/vf551xvtmanual.pdf

Once the TV is reset- scroll back up to page 35 to see the tuner setup portion of the setup wizard. Once you're there, you will select ANTENNA and then RUN CHANNEL SCAN. This can only be done after the TV has been reset.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

will take a bit to do the re hook up of antenna and reset. will get back tks

Okay no problem!

I was pleased with your efficient service.
But want you to help me if you can before I do the rating and close out this msg thread. I saw the offer for continued assist
for $28 but clearly did not select it online, but my card showed an attempt to charge me that $5+28. A block was put on my cc meanwhile, and just removed by cc security service. Call me if helpful
I have nothing to do with billing in any capacity as I'm a user if the site like you are. You would need to use the site help pages for anything billing related. Regarding the tech question you posted here, please do consider a positive rating for my efforts. Thank you!
Aric, Technician